12 March, 2011

Food Affair

It started out as innocent flirting, but now I am full fledge addicted. I had no idea what I had been missing for all these years. I thought it would be a one time thing. I wasn't planning on it being so wonderful. Ricotta cheese is AMAZING! I find myself pulling out the container and eating it by the spoonful.
My other foods are getting jealous. Pizza? Who needs you when I can have a sandwich with ricotta and veggies. Ice cream? So forgotten when there is peach sauce and ricotta with vanilla to be had. I even used it in my frittata recipe. I am obsessed.
My wonderful husband just rolls his eyes as I break out another slice of toast to slather with ricotta. I am also currently looking up recipes for making it from scratch. I might have to add an extra bit of exercise to my routine though.
Here is to another day where Ricotta Cheese and I will be found enjoying another moment of taste bud bliss.

And just incase you wanted to try it out, try this sandwich. I've had three in the last 24 hours.

Ricotta, bell pepper and cucumber sandwich.

  • 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 slice of rustic Italian bread, toasted
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 5 thin slices of red bellpepper
  • 5 thin slices of english cucumber
  • 1/2 of a green onion sliced length wise
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • Salt and Pepper
Cut garlic clove in half and gently rub across toast a couple of times. Spread ricotta cheese on top of garlic toast, then place onion and bell peppers on top of cheese. Layer with sliced cucumber. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment