25 December, 2011

Alone on Christmas

I am happily married, a mother of three wild children, sister, friend, and daughter.... never thought I would be alone on Christmas. But, after all the kids are in bed and my husband left for work, here I sit - ALONE...

Funny, how after a crazy day of cooking, cleaning, unwrapping, refereeing and playing, you would think that I would be thrilled to be alone. No.

So, here I sit. Avoiding the things I need to do. Wishing my husband was here. Hoping that I will gain the courage to face the empty living room that just moments ago was full of crazy, happy, energetic life... Then again, maybe this isn't so bad after all.

I can watch what I want.
Listen to the Christmas music I like.
Sit on my ass.
And Relax.

Yeah, it would be nice to do that with someone else, but then again, tonight I don't have to share the remote.

Merry Christmas! Pass the Eggnog!

No comments:

Post a Comment